We currently have the following vacancies available;
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Are you a Senior Geotechnical Engineer looking for the next opportunity to grow your career? An opportunity has arisen in our Whangarei office!
Due to market demand we recently relocated one of our team members to the Northland region. We are now seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer who has a client development and sales background to partner with us to drive the momentum and grow our presence in the region. This role will suit someone adventurous and who loves a challenge.
What’s in it for you?
Here at Soil & Rock Consultants we value our people. We believe in the importance of professional development and career progression, but don’t believe that success needs to negatively impact your work-life balance. You’ll receive a personal course budget, professional membership sponsorships, and ongoing support and mentoring as needed. We encourage a close-knit team culture and offer plenty of activities and opportunities for you to connect with the broader organisation, whether that be clay bird shooting, a winter ski trip, or other social events throughout the year. You will be joining a specialised engineering consultancy team who have built a well-respected brand in New Zealand. A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be negotiated for the right candidate.
You can expect to work in the following areas:
- Full lifecycle project management of medium to large scale residential, commercial and civil infrastructure projects.
- Geotechnical and civil designs for slip stabilisation and remedial works, geogrid reinforced structures, foundation engineering, retaining structures and ground improvement solutions including storm water, wastewater and groundwater solutions.
- Business development initiatives – enhance and expand Soil & Rock’s position in the Northland market, driving overall business and profit growth by taking active measures to attract new and repeat business.
- Leadership and mentoring of one direct report, assigning workflow and taking ownership to ensure the team’s targets are met.
- Conducting internal reviews of technical and interpretive reports.
- Conducting peer reviews.
- Supporting Soil & Rock’s quality assurance initiatives.
- Plus a lot more – adaptability and flexibility would serve you well in this position!
|Essential||Nice to have|
|Qualifications||Bachelor or Masters’ Engineering Degree|
|A full clean NZ Drivers’ License|
|Work experience||New Zealand work experience||Northland work experience|
|10+ years relevant experience at a senior level in a dynamic organisation||Experience with land developments and local authorities|
|Proven leadership experience|
|Portfolio management, driving client engagement and business development|
|Personal attributes||Ability to convert strategic goals into tactical actions|
|Ability to think laterally and identify opportunities for process improvement|
|Strong communication and relationship management skills|
|Ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain performance under pressure|