We currently have the following vacancies available;
Junior/Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer Christchurch, New Zealand
- Full Time: Mon – Fri, 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Permanent or contract employment options available for the right person
- A mix of hands-on and project related work
We are seeking a Junior to Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist to join our Christchurch team. If you enjoy an autonomous working environment, and variety between hands-on project orientated work, mentoring and technical leadership then this job could be for you!
Soil & Rock Consultants are a specialised geotechnical engineering consultancy who have built a well-respected position in the market, having been established in the North Island for 30 years and operating in Christchurch for over five years, with new satellite offices in Whangarei and Wellington.
What’s in it for you?
Here at Soil & Rock we work hard, and we play hard. We encourage a close-knit team culture and offer plenty of activities and opportunities to connect with your team mates, whether that be at Friday drinks in the office, clay bird shooting, a winter ski trip, or other social events throughout the year. You will get ongoing support, training and development, great work-life balance, and career progression opportunities. A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be negotiated for the right candidate.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the delivery of commercial, industrial and residential projects for our Christchurch and South Island based clients.
- Technical project management – managing assigned geotechnical investigations, from initial job enquiry through the full project lifecycle to completion.
- Onsite investigation, test pit and construction supervision, liquefaction analysis, design work and technical report preparation.
- Providing mentoring and guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Ensuring technical checks, QA and technical reviews are completed.
- Bachelor / Master’s Engineering or Geology Degree and 3+ years’ relevant Civil or Geotechnical work experience in a professional engineering consultancy.
- New Zealand work experience and a full, clean, manual driver’s licence are required. Experience with Christchurch and South Island geology is preferred but not essential.
- You’ll need to be a team player who is self-motivated and uses their initiative to get things done. Strong communication skills and natural leadership instincts will benefit you in this organisation.
- Knowledge of retaining wall design, piled foundation, and ground improvement practices.
- Broad knowledge of Land Development, Engineering Consulting, and Local Authorities.
If this sounds like you and you are keen to become an integral part of our office with a great culture and mix of projects, please apply today. This is your chance to make a real difference to our business and become a part of our journey.
Please send your applications to email@example.com
Senior Geotechnical Engineer Auckland, New Zealand
Soil & Rock Consultants is a well-established provider of geotechnical expertise to the industry. Expansion of the practice and succession planning has created an opportunity for suitably experienced and motivated candidate to enter a senior role. There is the potential for the right candidate, who is willing to take a step up in responsibility to progress towards a principal engineer level within two years.
The following technical competencies are essential for this position;
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Geotechnical)
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in geotechnical engineering (preferably with local experience in wider Auckland area but not essential)
- Chartered Professional Engineer (Geotechnical), MIPENZ
- Strong technical and analytical skills
The following responsibilities are associated with this role;
- Responsible for design, organization, supervision and interpretive reporting on various geotechnical projects
- Geotechnical analysis using proprietary software
- Geotechnical design work such as slip stabilizing/remedial works, geogrid reinforced structures, foundation engineering, slope stability, earthworks, retaining structures, ground improvement
- Maintaining existing client relations and developing new business
- Take the role of design team leader on projects
- Manage delivery of projects, manage staff resources to meet workload
- Ensure that technical checks and reviews of designs are carried out
- Assist with professional development of junior staff
- Client focused
- Enthusiastic and confident about geotechnical engineering
- Commercially aware
- Able to plan and prioritize workload
Email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org