Calling All Graduates!!!
- Permanent, full time graduate position available
- Lots of training and development opportunities
- A mix of hands-on and project related work
We are seeking a graduate engineer or geologist to join our Auckland field team. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone who enjoys being active outdoors, getting stuck in, and working in hands-on roles. The role offers exposure to a wide range of geotechnical and environmental investigations as well as a progression pathway with lots of professional development opportunities for the right person.
Soil & Rock Consultants are a specialised geotechnical engineering consultancy who have built a well-respected position in the market, having been established in the North Island for 30 years and operating in Christchurch for over five years, with new satellite offices in Whangarei and Wellington.
What’s in it for you?
Here at Soil & Rock we work hard, and we play hard. We encourage a close-knit team culture and offer plenty of activities and opportunities to connect with your team mates, whether that be at Friday drinks in the office, clay bird shooting, a winter ski trip, or other social events throughout the year. You will get ongoing support, training and development, great work-life balance, and career progression opportunities. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated for the right candidate.
What will you be doing?
- Completing geological engineering field investigations in a range of environments for our Christchurch and South Island based residential and commercial clients.
- Preparing site descriptions and sketches, charting field data using gINT software, drafting of site plans, cross sections and auger hole logs using AutoCAD, and assisting with engineering analysis.
- Assisting with laboratory testing using samples taken from the field.
- Ensuring technical checks, QA and equipment maintenance are completed.
- Plus, much more as you progress within the company!
What are the job requirements?
- NZDE / BEng Tech / Bachelor Degree NZ qualification in engineering or geology.
- A full, clean, manual driver’s licence.
- Knowledge of the New Zealand Geotechnical Society Guidelines “Field Description of Soil and Rock”, and general working knowledge of carrying out onsite field investigations and preparing associated documentation.
- You’ll need to be a team player who is self-motivated and uses their initiative to get things done. Strong communication skills and natural leadership instincts will benefit you in this organisation.
If this sounds like you and you are keen to become an integral part of our office with a great culture and mix of projects, please apply today. This is your chance to make a real difference to our business and become a part of our journey.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org